[Rhodes22-list] Glad to be out of the shadows

peter klappert peterklappert at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 14:15:33 EDT 2010

and no longer "lurking" (though I didn't know I was).

Thanks to all who issued me a welcome.

Art: Any excuse to come to St Pete is a good one. I look forward to meeting you in the Fall.

Lee: Are you a PI? or just gifted with ESP? My first teaching job ever was at Rollins and I taught one summer at New College, one course for a full quarter's credit. I also gave the commencement yak that year. A main reason for buying in Apollo Beach is that I have good friends from NC there. And you're right again: I started at GMU in 1978, when it was George Mason Who? I stayed there 30 years, but which time it was General Motors U. One of my grad students in the 80s was an Allan Kuhn. Any relation? Thanks very much for your invitation: I look forward to meeting you & seeing and sailing on your new & improved Rhodes.

I've been deleting my signature, but I'll leave it this time for the contact info.

2003 Klingle Rd NW
Washington, DC 20010
202 483 3822 C: 202 821 2679

911 Silver Palm Way
Apollo Beach, FL 33572
813 645 5601 C: 202 821 2679

A Man Who Writes

	A man had written head on his forehead, and hand on each hand, and
foot on each foot.
	His father said, stop stop stop, because the redundancy is like having
two sons, which is two sons too many, as in the first instance which is one
son too many.

	The man said, may I write father on father?
	Yes, said father, because one father is tired of bearing it all alone.

	Mother said, I'm leaving if all these people come to dinner.
	But the man wrote dinner all over the dinner.

	When dinner was over father said to his son, will you write belch on my
belch?
	The man said, I will write God bless everyone on God.

                                           -- Russell Edson