[Rhodes22-list] traveler bar length?

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Fri Aug 6 15:43:13 EDT 2010

Chris,

 I would make the length of the bar the same as the distance between the
stays with the stays tension set as if you were sailing. I would avoid
putting a bend or kink in the wire as you see in your photo where the wire
is bent as it leaves the bar and continues up to the masthead. Bending a
wire like that can lead to failure over time and or extreme sailing. If
you're interested here is a pict of the rope back stay adjuster and the rope
traveller.

John S
http://old.nabble.com/file/p29356486/DSCF0300.jpg
http://old.nabble.com/file/p29356486/DSCF0299.jpg