[Rhodes22-list] Help

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Thu Aug 12 11:27:37 EDT 2010

Matt,
Mine is set to run on a cable.  I suppose a line would work, but doubt it would slide as freely.  I would think a line would fray over time, but as long as it was inspected and replaced when needed I suppose that would work.  Yes, I believe you would need backstay adjusters.  All the side stays have tension adjusters, but the fore and aft stays do not.  Without some way to tighten the rear stays, the mast would have too much fore and aft movement.  Do you have some sort of "loops" (for lack of a better term) in the back stays?  Rigging up something if you do shouldn't be much of a problem. - rob