[Rhodes22-list] question on hatch and misc

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Aug 18 11:50:16 EDT 2010

Eileen,

Even though the lifelines might be somewhat of a hassle to remove later, I'd
go with your original thought and live with them for awhile.  I doubt that
you'll end up resenting them.  They probably won't do much for safety but
they look kind of cool.  Someone spent a lot of money to have them installed
and I suspect it won't be cheap to remove them.  I'd spend the money on
something else.

I like Tomato Sloop and can't recall seeing the name on any boat.  Being
German I like Loffel also.  You could add an umlaut over the "o" if you have
the intolerance of a German or just spell it Loeffel.  Mary Lou brought up
earlier that unusual names might be need to be spelled out for the Coast
Guard if you ever need to call them in an emergency.

Here are some other boat names:

http://old.nabble.com/file/p29472867/Boat%2BNames.doc Boat+Names.doc

Good luck!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD

Thank you all, I think we have decided on starboard.  The good news is that
there is a solar panel on the other side, so we can spend half our time
charging and the other half breathing.

One more question, if I may.  The recycled already has life lines on it.  I
suspect that we may resent them over time.  Are they easy to remove or do we
ask Stan to do it?  Our original thought was to live with them for a while
and see how they were, unless they were a nightmare to remove.

Lastly, we just wanted to make sure that our short list of names were not
already in use by the fleet.

1)  Loffel (our last name before the ancestors translated it to english)
2)  Tomato Sloop ( as the boat is red).

Eileen