[Rhodes22-list] 82 Rhodes22 for sale

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Aug 23 14:50:44 EDT 2010

Matthew,
Are you kidding me? Obviously you have never met Stan in person. He makes
gunnery sergeant Ermey look like Elmer Fudd. He never shaves, hardly ever
sleeps, is a known workaholic and drinks way to much coffee. (Again, this  is
where he might want to substitute rum for coffee.)
As Elle stated, this is a one or two horse stable. I believe he has earned
the right to be grumpy once in a while. I've discovered the easiest way to
not  be on the receiving end of one of his tantrums is to simply not call
him, unless  of course, you have a check in hand wanting to purchase a new
R22. I know that  would certainly put a smile on my face and change my
disposition.  Money is my favorite color.

Rummy

In a message dated 8/23/2010 2:30:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
blue66corvette at hotmail.com writes:

Now  this is the first reasonable posting I have seen on this subject

>  Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:12:26 -0400
> From:  matthewporter27 at gmail.com
> To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
>  Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] 82 Rhodes22 for sale
>
>  Elle,
>
> I've never called Stan with any questions, I was simply  explaining my
view
> on how one could handle such a situation. And yes,  I've spent hours on
the
> website. Explaining your business to potential  customers shouldn't be a
> considered a hassle, it's marketing.
>
> It wouldn't be difficult or time-consuming to politely redirect a  caller
> your webiste for "more information on our Certificate of  Support
program."
> A pre-recorded message could serve this  function.
>
> Everyone's time costs money; their hourly rates  just aren't equal. If
> people are calling with too many questions,  there is a need that isn't
being
> met. Stan *should* charge to meet  this need. I'm just suggesting another
> pricing scheme.
>
> And you shouldn't be irritated when people are calling. They are  calling
> because they are interested. If they aren't calling, then  you're in
> trouble.
>
> Porter
>

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 1:17 PM, elle <watermusic38 at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
> > Matt,
> > You said
> > "there  is a difference between explaining a business policy and
chastizing
>  > a potential customer (or any person for that matter) for asking a
question
> > without knowing the complex history of the  answer."
> > Do you know that Stan & Rose are sole proprietors?  Did you visit the
> > website to get info before calling?? Just his  taking the time to
explain the
> > above to you (and how many others  in a week???)is a break in the
workflow
> > and costs $$$$.
>  > If if were my business I'd probably be irritated also w/people
calling.
> > Sure, it may have been your first call, but believe me,  it was not his
> > first.
> >
> > And you have a  point....but what you and other newbies don't
understand is
> > that  Stan and Rose ARE the business...I doubt that you or any others
would
>  > be willing to pay what it would cost him to stop to answer your
questions
> > which may or may not engender other business. Your  time...0$...his
> > time...megabucks.....hence the 5% certificate  program.
> > You want him to 'pay' you (with his time)to answer your  questions, but
> > you're not willing to pay him for the  answers.
> >
> > elle
> >

> >  Beer is good....people are crazy
> >
> > 1992 Rhodes 22  Recycled '06"Watermusic" {Lady in Red}

on an
> >  hourly basis.
> >
> > And to comment on Elle's response from  the other thread, there is a
> > difference between explaining a  business policy and chastizing a
potential
> > customer (or any  person for that matter) for asking a question without
> > knowing the  complex history of the answer.
> >
> > An hourly fee for  sage advice would help in two areas. First, the
newcomer
> > may not  have any knowledge of how the company operates, or its plan of
> >  succession. The Certificate may be valid for a lifetime of sailing,
but  as
> > with any small business, the question of who will be there in  the
future to
> > provide that advice is important. Second, as with  many pay-as-you-go
> > scenarios, the customer often recognizes the  true value of the expert's
> > time, and may realize what a deal the  Certificate represents.
> >
> > Oh, and to give a brief  summary of my first few months with our boat:
she's

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20100822/99b3f044/attachment.jpg
> >  > > >>

> > > selling one,