[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Upwind

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Thu Aug 26 08:07:48 EDT 2010

Ben,

I don't think you can get too long but you can get too short.  On my
boat Jerry's outside shroud protectors would be too short.  I have a
friend whose 175% Genoa hits her outside shroud lower than mine.  Her
furler and Genoa are slightly newer than mine so I don't know if they're
improved or just installed differently.

We have a boat at our marina with stained wooden shroud protectors that
are about six foot long.  I don't want anything else on my boat that
requires maintenance but they look cool.

Lee