[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Upwind

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Fri Aug 27 08:30:37 EDT 2010

I have also been struggling with trying sail closer to the wind and will
experiment with the sheets inside the outer shroud.  I usually move the
sheets to the inner cleats but will try leading them back to the winch.
Enclosed is a photo of Opus at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum were I
spent the night next to my Dad's boat Bravo.  You can see my plastic shroud
covers in the photo.  I think the alternate sheet placement will work well
in wind speed over 5kts but find that the smaller sail area, restricted due
to the spreaders, cuts down on boat speed too much. I will post some
sketches and description of the weekend trip with my Dad when I get it
formated.