[Rhodes22-list] I'm Back

Wickman, William E WEWickman at spectraenergy.com
Fri Aug 27 16:29:18 EDT 2010

After a long break from Da List, I am back and hope to be able to monitor it once again.  By way of reintroduction, my name is Bill Wickman, also known on the list a few years ago as " Bahama Bill" after I sailed my Rhodes22 to the Bahamas with my son and his friend.  I posted my trip log which may still be in the archives if you are interested in reading.  My experience with the Rhode22 goes back to 2004 when I bought a 2000 model and have since pushed it to its limits (according to Stan) and had Stan repair and upgrade/refurbish a couple of times since.  I guess I most like to use the boat for adventure trips, but sailing the lakes of TN is also fun.  Haven't raced it yet but may just do that in the next year.

 My home port is Knoxville, TN, but I have trailered the boat around the Southeast, mostly to Florida.  My most recent trip was in May when I pulled it all the way down to Key West.  Picked my daughter up from Univ. of Miami, and she, my son and I sailed out to the Dry Tortugas.  I am still trying to write up my trip notes and will put it on the listserve if anyone is interested.

I recognize some of you all from my former years (Rummy for one; how could anyone forget).   Whatever happened to the likes of Slim, Bill Effros, Tootle, Roger, etc.?

Man I love this boat!!!

Bahama Bill
s/v Fina Lee