[Rhodes22-list] Raymarine tiller pilot installation help

Bill W. wewickman at spectraenergy.com
Mon Aug 30 09:56:35 EDT 2010

Attached are a couple of pictures of my tiller pilot installation.  You will
need to order some extenders for the rod for it to reach the centerline of
the tiller.  Also, I didn't want to drill a hole in my cockpit so I
installed the plug inside the cubby.  While I was at it, I also installed a
plug for my Garmin so I could navigate to a waypoint, and also added a d/c
plug (to power my Garmin or other accessory) and also an outlet for an
external speaker for my VHF radio.  the installation is nicely tucked away
and protected from the elements.

I whole heartedly agree with everyone's comments about the usefulness of the
tiller pilot.  It is one of the best additions I have made to the boat.
Absolutely essential if you will be making any long passages, but also
really really nice if you are single handing or anytime you are feeling
lazy.  I also splurged and got the wireless remote.  It is not really a
necessary piece of equipment like the tiller pilot, but there is a reall
cool factor to being able to steer your boat from inside the cabin or on the
front deck.  They are expensive (you can sometimes find them discounted on
eBay) and I would move it down on my wish list if you are outfitting your
boat.

Bill W.
s/v Fina Lee