[Rhodes22-list] Genoa size - 130 or 150

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 7 15:59:10 EST 2010

Robert,
You got some good responses already but I can tell you that sail shape will improve dramatically just by purchasing a new sail-it makes a big difference.  A couple years ago I moved from an old, blown out 175 genoa to a new genoa and because I had moved from a lake to the east coast (Savannah) I went with a 150.  Much better sail shape and I can definitely point higher with the new sail.  The boat points much better than before.  There are times when I wish that I had the 175 when winds are light but overall it is a much easier sail to handle and is a good compromise.  I would get a 130 only is I had a UPS for light air, but that's just my own preference.
Bob K