[Rhodes22-list] Genoa size - 130 or 150

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Wed Dec 8 20:16:22 EST 2010

Rob,

I have a 130 genny,but I sail on a small, well protected ,inland lake with
a 10 hp limit.So we may be talking watermelons and grapes,but here goes.
On a small lake,you have to tack alot,and the 130 seldom hangs up on it's
way across the foredeck. When on a close reach and the wind is up,Ill furl
the sail to 100%,and route the sheets inside the upper shrouds and gain 10
to 15 degrees to the good on pointing.I've never had the 175,but I start
furling the 130 when the wind gets over 10 mph.On my waters,if the wind is
10mph the gusts are 15mph or better. You could probably wait until the
wind got up to 12mph if there were no gusts.I think you can get to hull
speed with 9 or 10mph wind with the 130.
I have the vertical batton main and really like it.

Jerry Lowe
S/V Country Rhodes