[Rhodes22-list] Winter Joke Time

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 5 15:55:20 EST 2010

I have heard that a secretary in Ben's office was questioned about her computer password:

During this recent audit, it was found that his receptionist was using the following password:

"MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLouieDeweyDonaldGoofySacramento"

When asked why she had such a long password, she said she was told that it had to be at least 8 characters long and include at least one capital.

Now there were two close friends, quite unknown to you, talking on the phone about a new computer:

This is Stan, calling to Art about buying a new computer:

Art: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

Stan: Thanks I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer.

Art: Mac?

Stan: No, this is Stan.

Art: Your computer?

Stan: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.

Art: Mac?

Stan: No! I told you, this is Stan.

Art: What about Windows?

Stan: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?

Art: Do you want a computer with Windows?

Stan: I don't know. What will I see when I look at the windows?

Art: Wallpaper.

Stan: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and the software.

Art: Software for Windows?

Stan: No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write proposals, track expenses and run my business. What do you have?

Art: Office.

Stan: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?

Art: Yeah, I just did.

Stan: You just did what?

Art: Recommend something.

Stan: You recommended something?

Art: Yes.

Stan: For my office?

Art: Yes.

Stan: OK, what did you recommend for my office?

Art: Office.

Stan: Yes, for my office!

Art: I recommend Office with Windows.

Stan: I already have an office with windows! OK, let's just say I'm sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I need?

Art: Word.

Stan: What word?

Art: Word in Office.

Stan: The only word in office is office.

Art: The Word in Office for Windows.

Stan: Which word in office for windows?

Art: The Word you get when you click the blue 'W'.

Stan: I'm going to click your blue 'w' if you don't start with some straight answers. What about financial bookkeeping? You have anything I can track my money with?

Art: Money.

Stan: That's right. What do you have?

Art: Money.

Stan: I need money to track my money?

Art: It comes bundled with your computer..

Stan: What's bundled with my computer?

Art: Money.

Stan: Money comes with my computer?

Art: Yes. No extra charge.

Stan: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?

Art: One copy.

Stan: Isn't it illegal to copy money?

Art: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.

Stan: They can give you a license to copy money?

Art: Why not? THEY OWN IT!

(A few days later)

Art: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

Stan: How do I turn my new computer off?

Art: Click on 'START'..... .........

Credit to an anonymous