[Rhodes22-list] therapeutic mental mast.............

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Feb 15 21:38:58 EST 2010

Todd,
I try to stay out of these discussions, but since I fanned the flames a
little, I'm going to bore the list with my opinion.
I own a twenty one year old sailboat. It's in pretty good condition and I
would have no problem selling it for a goodly amount of money. The Rhodes
brings  a higher resale value for many reasons. It's a great boat, well built
from a  manufacturer that has been able to weather the ups and downs of the
economy over  quite a long period of time. If General Boats had gone out of
business ten years  ago, how much would my boat be worth today? No parts, no
owners list and no  demand for Rhodes 22's.
Stan's recycling program and new hulls being built keeps our boats alive
and well. His ability to stay in business is of benefit to all us owners. It
also means recycled boats will be available for people wanting to enjoy
what we  have been enjoying for years.
The Rhodes owners list was originally the brain child of Stan and Michael
when we took it off of Sailnet. They footed the bill for the service
provider.  Michael no longer owns a R22 nor does he run the list from his
computers. I  appreciate the fact that he sticks around and interjects some humor in
the list  from time to time. I wonder who is paying the domain name fees now?
I could go on and on why we, the owners want to support Stan, because it's
in all of our best interest to do so.
I don't have any insider track on what transpired between Stan and Art, but
 obviously it did not go well for either one of them. Another life lesson
learned  by both parties. Contracts make for good business partners. Good
attorney's  enforce contracts. :)
Time to step down and have another drink and watch the Olympics.

Rummy

In a message dated 2/15/2010 7:17:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,