[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 for sale

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Feb 16 12:56:37 EST 2010

William,
Where are you located?  - rob

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org [mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of William R Polt
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:36 PM
To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 for sale

 I have a 1982 Rhodes 22 with trailer for sale. I purchased it last year
with the intent of repairing & restoring her but health problems are
interfering at present.

She has 2 small holes in her hull  where a poor patch job was performed
about 20 years ago. The service manager had quoted the previous owner a
repair cost of $2,500 to $3,000 to properly repair, he suspects that she was
dropped many years ago? He & I spoke at length about how to perform the
repairs. The hull is in good condition, usual dings from use except for the
holes mentioned. The cockpit & cabin floors are good with no soft spots. I
have gathered all materials needed, Fiberglas, epoxy, teak & holly plywood
for a new hatch, teak lumber to replace other trim pieces, sunbrella
material to replace the cushion covers, paint, etc. The trailer has had 2
new tires, a complete brake system replaced, new lights & performed great on
the 360 mile trip from Maryland to NEPA last year! Marine radio works
although I have a new antenna for it. Rudder in good condition, swing keel
condition unknown. Sails & rigging are all there, sails need a cleaning with
one having a small stain. Furling jib, standard mast.  Cabin needs cleaning
& some polyurethane work. If someone with a little experience & time can
have a nice Rhodes 22! I have $2,500 invested & am open to offers? Call
570-488-5198 or email wpolt at echoes.net