[Rhodes22-list] The best little drafting program and it's free!

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Sat Feb 27 16:47:03 EST 2010

Hi fellow Rhodies,

I got tired of trying to do diagrams in Windows Paint program and didn't feel like purchasing a license / copy of AutoCAD ($$$$) for simple documentation drawings for the boat and home.  I turned to Google search and found a product that I still cannot believe is FREE!  It is called Google SketchUp (http://sketchup.google.com/).  I doubt any of us need SketchUp Pro ($495.)  I downloaded a copy of SketchUp 7 and watched the video tutorials.  The product is outrageous!  3D perspective drawings are a breeze.  Auto-dimensioning, textures, everything that I could ask for!  Very intuitive and forgiving (love the infinite undo levels!)  Try it before they raise the price!

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY