[Rhodes22-list] Winter Sail

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Sun Jan 3 12:45:49 EST 2010

Joe:
Soundings magazine had a write up about the heatmate in their January 2010
issue.

http://www.soundingsonline.com/boat-shop/new-gear/247092-heatmate-5200-portable-alcohol-heater

Soundings provides a link to countour with a list price of $169, Hodges
sells it for about $80.

http://www.hodgesmarine.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=COT5200&click=19

Fuel is sold in quart or gallon containers and is about $5/qrt.

The heatmate is basicaly a big coffee can with a canister that holds a wick
that you pour the alcohol into and is supposed to burn for about 6 hrs.  The
can was larger than I expected however it seems pretty stable and doesn't
get too hot to touch.  This heater obviously needs to be used in a well
ventilated space.