[Rhodes22-list] good place to launch on Pamlico?

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Sun Jan 3 17:44:05 EST 2010

Joe and all the rest of you who responded .... thanks!

My Admiral's family is vacationing at the end of July in the Outer Banks,
just north of Kitty Hawk.  We're thinking of going a week early and doing
some cruising on the sounds.  We also might be interested in someplace
warmer than Lake Erie for a mid-March break from the snow.  Oriental or
Beaufort may just be the ticket for that trip.  The water around Beaufort
looks a bit thin, how did your find the sailing down there?

For the July trip, it's beginning to look like we'll launch from Kitty Hawk
so the tow vehicle will be in position for the rest of the vacation.
Depending on the timing we should have time to cruise all the way to
Ocracoke if we want.  Or we may just wander around the sounds for the week.

Mike Cheung
s/v Muireann 1993/2008 Rhodes 22

-----