[Rhodes22-list] fuel line assembly

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Sun Jan 3 19:27:35 EST 2010

Chris,

There are two types of metal clips that I know of used on hoses,one is a
completely round circle with a point that fits into a V when crimped
on.the best way to get it off is to use ring expander plyers,lacking that
tool,gently pry the point up with a small screwdriver,useing the V to back
up the screwdriver, as the fulcrum point., Once you get enough of the
point, up use plyers to unwrap the rest of the clamp. The other type of
clamp has an ear on each side that is crimped to make the circle smaller.
It takes a good pair of diaganal cutters to cut at the ears. The best way
to do this job is to cut the hose with a knife,just below the clamp,and
take it home to work on it. Once the gas dries out of the fitting,you can
grind the clamp off with a bench grinder or dremel tool or even a hack
saw. Even if you get the clamp off without cutting the hose,you should cut
an inch of hose off so the fitting has an uncompressed hose to seat and
reseal into.

Jerry Lowe