[Rhodes22-list] Happy New Year to the Fleet

Frank Tugwell ftugwell at cox.net
Fri Jan 8 15:42:07 EST 2010

Ron, John: I lived in Pittsburgh (squirrel hill) until 1999 and then moved
to the DC area.  I used to row on the Allegheny from the boat club near
downtown on the north side and worked downtown near the point.  I just
checked and the clearance for all the bridges is 40 feet minimum--I assume
except during flooding.  See the web site:
http://www.pitt.edu/~jdnorton/sail/Navigation_maps/index.html
Which leads me to ask: the specs on the Rhodes say that the mast is 26 feet,
but does this include the height of the cabin top?  What is the Rhodes
clearance, including the VHF mast?  I assume one of you knows.  Even if the
cabin adds 4-5 feet and the mast another 3-4 feet, there is plenty of room
to sail on the 'burgh's rivers.  So count me in to sail on the Terrible
Boat, or trailer my boat up to join you.  A fleet event might be fun!

Frank Tugwell

Contact Details: