[Rhodes22-list] A question of size and shape (sails ye salty dogs sails)

r22rumrunner at aol.com r22rumrunner at aol.com
Mon Jan 11 19:08:12 EST 2010

John,
This topic has been discussed many times on this list. I have the IMF so
bending the mast is not an option for me. The only caution that has ever been
 mentioned is to keep in mind the pressure you are exerting not only on the
mast  and the stays, but also the hull structure itself. Is getting another
1/2 knott  of speed worth ripping your boat apart for? If it is, go for it.
If you want to  increase your hull speed without bending the mast, try
ordering one of Stanley's  new main sail designs for the standard mast with a
little extra cloth thrown  in.
Since it is winter, I guess the next topic to come up will be the boom
vang.

Rummy

In a message dated 1/11/2010 1:18:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,