[Rhodes22-list] RE : Experimental Vang/Preventer

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Jan 20 13:34:55 EST 2010

David,

You certainly have put some thought into this.  Next time I feel that I
really need a vang I'll try tying down the boom somehow.  It won't be as
safe or effective as yours but hopefully it'll give me an idea of how well
it works.

I doubt that Stan would go for this modification but if he made a taller
mast or shorter mainsail we could slide the boom up high enough above the
poptop to install a regular vang.

Just thinkin' outside the mast.

Lee