[Rhodes22-list] Test sail in Edenton

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 11 21:49:37 EDT 2010

Eileen and Steve,

Such a wise decision to get out on the boat on the water.  An additional option might be possible.  Rob Lowe bases out of Blacksburg, probably very close to you, and would give you valuable experience tips from an owner perspective.  You will get excellent ideas also from this forum, no doubt you have seen, especially as you have questions about options and equipment.

Mountain lakes can be fickle for sailing, versus coastal environs.  If the winds aren't blowing well, you would still find it enjoyable to overnight at anchor, even if you motor out and back.

I would suggest meeting some of the sailors at the lake, go out with them, which they should welcome, get some local wisdom.

We'll look forward to welcoming you to the fleet!

Art Czerwonky
s/v Mary Jane
Lake Hartwell/Boca Ciega Bay