[Rhodes22-list] More IMF Furling Advice

Stephen Staum staum at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 19 20:41:41 EDT 2010

David & All,

The only warning I would give, particularly to the newbies, is a
caution about leaving the shrouds loose. When I got my '87 I left the
shrouds loose on the mooring thinking I was giving them a break &
proceeded to loose 2 forestays in 2 years - one lost under sail! The
strength of the shrouds & stays is in tension & they get hammered when
loose. I now keep them all under constant tension (hand tight) w no
problems for 5 years.

Stephen Staum
87 R22, Carol Lee

Sent from my iPhone