[Rhodes22-list] New Thread: anyone ever lose a solar panel?

Lou Rosenberg lsrvideo at optimum.net
Mon Jun 7 20:37:27 EDT 2010

Lou R
s/v Miracles back on the list after a long spring working hard on
commissioning my restored '81  boat.
Stan sold me a used panel back in  '05 which operated flawlessly
until last weekend after I plugged in the
battery it registered on the controller which prevents it from
overcharging the flooded cell.
A wk later , no voltage!!
THere may be a blocking diode in the panel which blew out but Im not
going to try to fix it,  I already bought another
from Defender.'
Just curious if anyone has had similar experiences?

sail safe
Lou
Brooklyn &
Rockaway Inlet