[Rhodes22-list] yet another Rhodes newbie

Sling daysails at aol.com
Tue Jun 8 13:40:02 EDT 2010

     As in some salty, snug  taverns along life’s quays, I have a feeling
that this place harbors friends I haven’t met yet.   Due to the magic of the
nabble search feature and occasional checking in over the years, many of you
are not strangers to me.   I want to thank you all for sharing your
contributions and stories to the list so dreamers like me could keep their
dream alive.   I just placed an order with Stan for a recycled Rhodes to be
delivered late summer.   My name is Joe Riley and I recently returned to the
US after many years working and living in Southeast Asia, mostly in
Singapore.  I now live in Athens, Georgia.  Like many others, I have had the
Rhodes 22 dream for some time.  I saw my first Rhodes 22 about 15 years ago
at the Annapolis boat show.   I plan to sail out of Big Water marina on Lake
Hartwell and occasionally out of the Magothy River on the Chesapeake. The
Georgia coast, Salem Mass and Oriental NC are other areas I would like to
explore.     I am interested in connecting with all of you and especially
people who sail in these places.  If possible, I would like to take a look
at your boat and see what options I might consider adding to mine.   I would
enjoy getting more sail time in too should you be interested in a crew
member with modest skills and a bottle of rum.   After years spent on other
people’s boats, I am looking forward to years on my own good “old” boat.
Joe