[Rhodes22-list] All tied up

Andrew Collins sailingvesselcarmen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 11:14:39 EDT 2010

My boat has track mounted cleats forward of the standing blocks that
handle the genny sheets. I added them  primarily in order tie up the
dory used to get to the boat. The standard fore and aft cleats were
too far apart for convenience, and this allows the dory to be snug
against Carmen for boarding, especially children.
I do not think the track mounted cleats are strong enough for tying up
to docks when left unattended, but are very convenient when tying up
at docks for loading, unloadind, getting a pump out,etc
Andrew sv Carmen

Sent from mobile device.