[Rhodes22-list] All tied up

BenCittadino bencittadino at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 15:19:43 EDT 2010

Joe;

I agree with your opinions as to both Pinsky and Springsteen. As it happens
my favorite Springsteen song is "Thunder Road".

On the docking thing the idea of a "floating finger dock" strikes me as
ideal if it means a single walkway stretching out perpendicular from the
shoreline with your boat moored "side to" on one side. On reflection I agree
with Hank that 3/8 inch line is probably enough since you are on a lake (I'm
in a bay subject to tides and even some wave action). I don't like to snub
the lines too tight but like to keep the boat and fenders with no more than
two or three inches of space between them and the dock. I do use four lines
but use the winch for a mid-ships cleat.

Fair winds,

BenC