[Rhodes22-list] Bimini Height from cockpit floor?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sun Jun 13 00:22:50 EDT 2010

Greg,
We have the IMF main. The boom has two positions -  upper and lower.
(With the IMF main, when you move the boom from one position to the
other, the whole main sail moves with it up or down in the slot.) We
can only use the bimini with the boom in the upper position (where it
clears the raised poptop) and even then, the bimini rubs the top of
the bimini closehauled. Our bimini is set so it is higher in front
(so it slightly clears and overlaps the raised poptop. Fred who is 5'
7" can almost stand under it but not quite. I am 5' tall and can
stand up under the bimini.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless