[Rhodes22-list] One month & two days

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Thu Jun 24 16:56:48 EDT 2010

There are lots of ways water can get in your boat.  If it doesn't come
with a bilge pump, tell Stan you want one with the 3-way switch: ON-
OFF-AUTO.  The pump itself should have a check valve to prevent
cycling.  The Rule-brand pumps have always been cheap and reliable.
As your boat ages, water will find its way in and it's better to get
it pumped out immediately (and automatically), rather than come out to
go sailing and find the floorboards awash.  Think of it as cheap
insurance.

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22