[Rhodes22-list] One month & two days (LEE)

BenCittadino bencittadino at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 23:34:47 EDT 2010

My experience is the same a Mary Lou's. My boat is a '93 hull recycled in
'08. I keep her in the water from May through October in a salt water bay
marina. Even though I have access to electricity at the dock I have only a
small hand bilge pump and have never had much water in the bilge. I have
gone as long as 21 days without seeing her and she rides high and dry. I do
give the dockmaster a few bucks to keep an eye on her and he has my cell
phone number. You should remember to keep the plug out of the cockpit drain
so she doesn't get filled with rain water. We even get some wave action and
with the floating docks it's no prob;em.

I'll probably regret saying this but even after sitting for 3 weeks even the
9.9 Yamaha kicks right over.

I know I'm doomed now but that's my story. Hence, I wouldn't bother with an
electric bilge pump. Get a big screen TV instead.

Fair winds,

BenC