[Rhodes22-list] LED Lights

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 18:56:51 EDT 2010

Greetings Worthy Sailors: (and the rest of you, as well)
     Even though I am one month from taking delivery on my recycled '87 from GBI, my mind is awash with whirling thoughts and considerations.  One of these involves the matter of Thomas Edison's  wonderfully wasteful invention: the incandescent light bulb. I assume that the Rhodes comes with one of these little fireballs at the end of each wire for lighting. I'd like to replace these with LED lights in order to save power.  The cost of the bulbs seems to be offset by power savings and real staying power (in a light bulb sense).   Has anyone else taken this bold step outside the realm of convention?  Has Stan already beat me to it, and used LEDs?  Thanks.
Joe Camp