[Rhodes22-list] Submerged Rhodes

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Mar 4 13:58:02 EST 2010

Marlan,
I have trouble believing that this is a Rhodes 22. R22's don't sink. They
are built with positive flotation.

Rummy

In a message dated 3/3/2010 12:21:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
marlangreen at hotmail.com writes:

This  was sent out through my sailing club. Washingotn Sailing Marina is on
the  Virginia side of the Potomac. I'm not sure if this is a Rhodes or not.
If it  is will anyone out there save it?

See attached document for  photos

Marlan
Message:

Per discussions with  Washington Sailing Marina (WSM) there
is still one boat down (see pic #1  and #2 on this page).  It may be a
Rhodes
22? Of recent vintage with  ballpark before storm values of 5k or 10k or
even
20k.

At the going rate of 20 per foot for diver salvage  the
insurance company may be looking at the cost of salvaging for 4 or 5k a
boat
which may only now be worth much less.
This may be an opportunity  for a SCOW member to make an offer on this
boat.  Per WSM a sealed  letter could be
mailed to the slip holder.  It may say
something  akin to – “I’m willing to pay _____ (amount) for this boat”.
Note also  that slip fees are due on this slip
on April 1st, 2010.