[Rhodes22-list] Washington Sailing Marina

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Mar 8 06:25:02 EST 2010

Stan,
I've been wondering about this ever since it was posted that the boats went
 down. The only thing that makes sense to me is that this is a shallow
marina and  the storm pushed the water out, allowing the boats to reach the
bottom. Boats  without positive flotation didn't have a chance and probably
filled with water  as the water came back in. The Rhodes had the best chance of
survivability  because of the flotation. It was probably filled with water
and mud, but still  floating as the water returned.
Several sailboats were laid over on Lake Hartwell when the water went down
faster than the owners could move them. When the water level came back up,
many  of these boats simply filled with water and laid on the bottom waiting
for  someone to raise them. Attached is a photo of a San Juan 25 that was
raised  recently. It sat on the bottom for about nine months before the owner
had her  raised.

Rummy

In a message dated 3/7/2010 1:16:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,