[Rhodes22-list] Speed fix

jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net
Fri Mar 12 11:52:23 EST 2010

Hank,
      Thanks for the response. Yes, I have read several articles on
sail boats that exceed the measured wind speed. Of course, I was amazed
at what I thought was impossible. DAH. I'm NOT a good sailor but if I
am out on the lake and I see another sailboat I try to catch and pass
the "competition". One O'Day-22 has been out on the lake several times
and it appears my Rhodes is faster. I really don't know if a Rhodes is
fast or not. It really helps that the other boats don't know they are
in a race. Jim