[Rhodes22-list] Backstay Spreader Bars

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon Mar 15 14:17:10 EDT 2010

John,

I don't use my traveler that often so my opinion may not be worth much,
but using a sail track seems like a better option than our lines and
clam cleats.

The downside is that you lose some fine tuning but that seems minor
since some of the tuning comes from the mainsheet.  The upside is that
you don't have the hassle of messing with all that line, which is the
main reason I don't use the traveler that often.

I assume my opinion is weak otherwise Stan and other builders would be
using sail track on their travelers.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD