[Rhodes22-list] Looking for a Rhodes 22

Linda Scott lscott02 at roadrunner.com
Tue Mar 16 22:02:58 EDT 2010

Cathy,

We've actually bought two Rhodes from Stan--a used one a couple of years ago
and a new one for 2010.  I think there are several boats besides a Rhodes
that will do what you've specified, but there's not another that has the
features that we've found to be particularly useful:  the flared hull that
keeps the boat dry and provides seating on the high side of the boat, the
cockpit that's bigger than any other in its class, the pop top that lets you
actually walk around while you're sailing and the IMF main that will get you
going and then back in quickly and simply.

I guess the only reason that no other boats, besides racing dinghies, have
flared hulls is expense.  I think it's a reason all by itself to buy a
Rhodes.  Since we only use ours as a daysailer, we've not ordered some of
Stan's many options, and this may be a way to keep your cost down.  Good
luck.

Steve & Linda.