[Rhodes22-list] Can you tow a Rhodes 22 with a Chevy Trailblazer?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Mar 17 08:22:44 EDT 2010

Not sure what the tow capacity of the Trailblazer is. We towed our
R22 for years with a couple of Chev. Blazers with tow capacities of
about 5000 lbs. We always said that if we were doing a lot of towing
in the mountains we would have wanted more "oomph" but on the
Mid-Atlantic hills on the 60mph I95 with lots of truck traffic and at
the launch ramp it was fine. That said at the ramp we usually use, it
launches better with our current vehicle, a Nissan Frontier with 6300
lbs of towing capacity but I think that is more a matter of the hitch
height and tire size working better at our particular ramp. If the
Trailblazer has 5000 lbs tow capacity, it ought to do fine. When
towing distances, we did take the outboard off and stow it in the
Blazer. If you have remote connections on your outboard, this can
increase your set-up time.

Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless
Rock Hall, MD