[Rhodes22-list] Straw Poll Ocean or Lake

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Wed Mar 17 09:59:00 EDT 2010

As our promos say the Rhodes was not designed for scheduled Atlantic
crossings but many have sailed to Bimini in the Atlantic and Baja and
Catalina in the Pacific and, as our promos point out, we never heard from
them again.

Actually, one of the owners, who sailed single handed to Bimini, said he got
caught in a nasty storm, tossed out a sea anchor, doused the sails (easy to
do single handed on a Rhodes), went down below, waited it out and then
continued his trip.   However I did notice that the post mark on the letter
he sent us was from France.

In one of many books that include a review of boats in the Rhodes 22
category, the noted author of "Sailing Big on a Small Sailboat" writes,
"From the deep blue ocean to the shallow coves, the Rhodes 22 covers it
all".   I wish we had said that.

stan/general boats