[Rhodes22-list] Introduction and For Sale posting

Marc Steiger marcsteiger100 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 13:59:24 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Back in late 2002 I joined this list and became very interested in sailing
and in the Rhodes 22 in particular.  I made the plunge in 2003, purchasing
my 1985 Rhodes 22 from Bill Berner in August 2003. Found it right here on
this list!  I had a great time sailing it for a few years, then I stopped
using it.  "Duck" has been out of water since 2005, and it is time to let
someone else care for her.  (I have gotten too lazy to sail anymore.)

Back in 2003 I purchased the boat and trailer for 11,500.  Since then, like
any boat owner, I have put money into her.  But the only major item was a
hull repainting in 2005 for $5,800.  2005 was the last season I sailed her,
and no improvements have been done since then.

I am selling "Duck" for $6,000.  I live in Cincinnati Ohio, and she has been
sailed by me on Brookville Lake in Indiana and Cowan lake in Ohio.  I still
need to find the old list of "goodies" on the boat and update it, but for
now anyone who is interested can see pictures at:
www.flickr.com/photos/marcsteiger

Thanks for your interest, and its nice to be back on this list!

Marc Steiger
513-509-0125