[Rhodes22-list] Now Gulf Coast

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Mar 22 12:26:52 EDT 2010

Hi Cathy,

Sailboat engines "sip" fuel.  Sails move you for free!  Just think of the
savings in gas.  With a good wind you can log hundreds of miles per gallon!

OK, well how about inexpensive vacations while cruising?

In July 1980, I had just bought a fully decked out Mustang (T-Top, Turbo,
etc.) for $8,281 when I met Stan Spitzer at a boat show (Stamford, CT
In-the-Water, I think.)  By October 1980, I had given him a deposit on my
'81 Rhodes 22 with trailer & cruising package.  With a motor, VHF radio,
etc. the tab was just about $15,000, almost half the cost of my home six
years before!

You know, it was one of the best things I ever did in life.  We still enjoy
the R22.  Go for it!

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: <gbettoney at sbcglobal.net> Monday, March 22, 2010 12:06 PM
Oh, drool. I've seen this boat advertised, and Lake Arthur is about a 4-hour
drive from us, and could be done in one day.
Now the problem is to find a day when I don't have something I absolutely
have to attend, before someone else snaps up this lovely craft. Of course,
then I have to convince the captain that he really wants to spend this much,
too. We've never bought a CAR that costs this much.
However, we think boats are a lot more important than cars....
Cathy