[Rhodes22-list] Gunshot pix

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 12:42:41 EDT 2010

John,
Thanks for your concern. I'm also glad of that!
The deputy determined that it was a handgun & not a rifle. I don't know the reasoning. I wish I'd asked, and will when they contact me again.
I do remember we had a 'warmer' spell a week or so after the last snowstorm & I was on the boat opening scuppers & shoveling out snow. I remember hearing shots from over thecreek but didn't see anyone over there. From the apparent trajectory indicated by the rod stuck through the wall there is a narrow area through which it could have come across the creek, else the bullet would have struck/ricocheted the trees. The bullet had not ricocheted  off anything as the head was almost perfectly rounded except for a very slight flattened spot on one side, probably where it came through & hit the cabinet.
I am going to drive around over there this weekend (w/BF) to get my own view of the area....
Yes, I did locate the bullet..if you look at the picture of the rod through the house & the filing cabinet, it looks as if it skidded on th eback of the filing cabinet then fell behind it. I found it against the wall, by the desk leg which is visible in the picture.
Is there some type of laser device that they can use to sight a trajectory or have I been reading too many crime books?

elle

Beer is good....people are crazy

1992 Rhodes 22    Recycled '06"Watermusic"  {Lady in Red}