[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes Solar Panel Make Capacity

Caesar Paul caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 14:16:24 EDT 2010

Chris, Rob, Bob, List

Stan answered my specific question.

I got the information that I was seeking.  I now know more about solar panels than I knew before.

You guys appear to have different wiring set up, and they all seem to work well.

I have both paper and electronic charts for the San Juan area.  When the battery which ran my GPS died, I knew where I was, and I had my paper chart as a backup.  As a "green horn" my admiral and I had been monitoring both charts, and noting the differences between charts and reality.  Looking across miles of water from your cockpit to a land mass which represents many islands is different and can be a bit disconcerting to a rookie.  So when my battery died, the idea of current going in while current is coming out became more attractive to me, especially if you are away from shore power for days.

Bob:  thanks for sharing.  I like the outcome you are enjoying.

Chris and Rob:  good information.

I will not install a panel that detracts from the beauty and uniformity of the boat.

Again, you guys have been most helpful.

Caesar