[Rhodes22-list] Cotter pins vs. rings

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri May 7 15:31:39 EDT 2010

Matthew,
The tubes are pvc wide enough in diameter to slide down over the
turnbuckle and chainplate. Ours has a cap with a hole in it for the
shroud. We only have them on the shrouds. They do help keep the sheet
from snagging but I also use rigging tape because on ours the sheet
will sometimes lift the cover and wedge itself between the bottom of
the turnbuckle and the chainplate cover.

I've always heard that plastic stay covers are not a good idea
because they encourage crevice corrosion. The loose tubes that we are
talking about don't do that.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD