[Rhodes22-list] UPS Sail... Everything I had hoped for and more!

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon May 17 09:42:30 EDT 2010

Rick,

Thanks!  Good advice considering I'm also cheap, lazy, and rarely sail
downwind.

Yesterday I wasn't able to sail downwind at all on a 4-hour sail.  Most
of the time I had the centerboard down with the Genoa sheets ran across
the deck.  My speed averaged better than 3 knots and it looked like I
was at least 60 degrees into the wind, yet I still ended up downwind of
the marina entrance.  The waves weren't huge but coupled with the strong
current I had zero velocity-made-good.

I can certainly understand why cruisers are motoring so much.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD