[Rhodes22-list] UPS Sail... Everything I had hoped for and more!

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon May 17 15:57:05 EDT 2010

David,

I won't give up my 175 but I'm thinking you could hit near hull speed
with your 135 on a beam or broad reach with a 12-knot wind.  Sailing
single-handed with the 175 in that kind of wind would be easier than
furling the dang thing back in.

Reference your comment about tacking the 175 in light air, I usually
furl it to jib size just before I tack.  I find that furling the 175 in
light wind is easier than standing in the cabin and dragging the sail to
the other side of the boat.

Lee