[Rhodes22-list] Main Mast Bolt dimensions ?? hold the presses

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Mon May 17 20:30:05 EDT 2010

I thought that 5/16" is a little small,so I went out in the yard and took
off the mast bolt and took it down the basement and it measured  3/8" x
4". I'm not saying that I'm right,I'm just saying that Country Rhodes mast
bolt is 3/8" x 4".It could have been bored to 3/8" by a PO,but the slots
in the mast step would have to be milled out to 3/8" also.No easy job
,with stainless steel.
  I must be the only northerner that hasn,t splashed yet.

Jerry Lowe
S/V Country Rhodes '86