[Rhodes22-list] Hit by a car, can my rhodes be saved?

Alex Mckenna alex at brightrhino.com
Tue May 25 09:42:07 EDT 2010

Hi,

This week I was going to start work restoring my rhodes 22, but Saturday at 4:30 AM there arose a problem. My wife and I were awoken to the sound of an explosion, we looked out our window and saw a car driving on our lawn. A man fell asleep at the wheel, and drove his honda civic through our fence, smashing into, then going under our boat on the trailer. The boat was still tightly strapped to the dual-axle trailer with 10k pound straps. He was still going so fast after the collision, he demolished two more fences, throwing the heavy, trex fencing 20 or 30 feet. The hull has three or fours cracks near the transom. I have to get an estimate for repairs, but we recently moved to CT and I don't know any repair shops in the area.

What do you think are the chances of getting this repaired? I may be able to grind and epoxy myself, but I don't know if I will be able to get access to the inner hull.

Here are some pics of the damage:

Amazingly, the driver was unhurt, and left the car before the police arrived.

Thanks,

Alex