[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Upwind

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon Nov 1 17:06:06 EDT 2010

Chris,

Nice links!

I guess it depends on your definition of "significant."  If you're in to
serious racing I guess everything is significant.

With two furling sails, a loose-footed main, Genoa tracks, leads between
the shrouds, a sliding boom, a traveler, a centerboard, and all of my
movable railmeat; there's always something I could adjust to get an
insignificant increase in speed.  I don't think a smaller Genoa would
help me much.  More experience and knowledge and less alcohol would help
me more than anything else.

Lee