[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Upwind

David Keyes rhodes22dave at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 01:01:15 EDT 2010

Rummy, I think the railings are okay.  They make great hangers for the
fenders at the dock.  [?]
I could do without them, but my wife likes them.  They are handy to lean
against a little, for balance, when cleaning or doing various chores about
the boat.
When under sail, actually they don't get in the way or interfere with the
175.  They virtually touch the outer stays, and the sail could not go in
further anyway.
The one inconvenience is that the genoa sheet can, in the process of
tacking, get wedged in between the stay and the rail, requiring me to go
forward and free it, or to jiggle the line and try to fool with it remotely.
However, I would be interested in the views of others that have rails.  I
was planning to order them on my new R22, but I could be persuaded either
way, if the Commandant--my wife--could be persuaded (an unlikely event).
Dave