[Rhodes22-list] Motor Lift Plastic Replacement

PBR pbryanriley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 15:01:00 EDT 2010

Cody,
I replaced the outer piece on my '89 with starboard from west marine.  Folks
on the list gave me a couple options for where to get plastic but shipping
was more expensive than a small piece of 1/2" from my local west marine.  I
cut it to size on my table saw then clamped the old broken pieces to it to
act as a drill guide.  Then used a countersink bit to widen the hole to fit
the screw head.  This has held up for one season so far.  When I trailer I
use a strap from the stern rail base(s) around the motor to hold some of the
weight and steady it.  For long hauls I would probably remove the motor.
Those "screws" have a self locking nut on the inside of the transom.
-Patrick

Original Message below:
     Has any one out there had to replace the blocks of what appears to be
plastic that the manual motor lift system slides up and down  on within the
channel (I have a reconditioned 86 ) Or can anyone suggest a substitute to
use in place of those blocks as where each screw goes into the block it has
cracked and the blocks on both sides are usless Thanks in advance for any
help
cody